Food safety and quality standards assessment, planning and project co-ordination
However small or large your facility is, sound up to date policies and procedures help to ensure that quality is always improving.
Consulting Dietitians can help you ensure you are compliant with the food and nutrition related statements of the Health and Disability Services (Core) Standards NZS 8134.1:2008.
Below are examples of the HDSS statements that directly relate to your provision of food service:
- 13.1 Food, fluid and nutritional needs of consumers are provided in line with recognised nutritional guidelines appropriate to the consumer group.
- 13.2 Consumers who have additional or modified nutritional requirements or special diets have these needs met.
- 13.3 The personal preferences of the consumer are met where appropriate.
- 13.5 All aspects of food procurement, production, preparation, storage, transportation, delivery and disposal comply with current legislation, and guidelines.
- 4.5 Consumers are provided with safe, adequate, age appropriate and accessible areas to meet their relaxation, activity and dining needs.